Sunday 4 May 2014

Moving & writing

Moving into writing and writing into moving. It's not about the activity itself, it's more about the transitions.


                                                  ***





***


And then if it's not writing then what is it? It does feel like vomiting my dance on a page by using a tool, a blue pen this time. How do these activities inform each other? Is it about feeding or letting go of experience. We cannot talk about any of them without mentioning the thinking process. I believe there is an interesting parallel  between moving and writing as they both express, they are both born somewhere inside your being and they both involve the thought. 

Free writing after a couple dance explorations-it transformed into messages, codes, lines and conclusions of my dancing. Or is it a continuation of it? Katye mentioned: 'Take that movement with you and let it free on your page'. It did rip my page, my pen went through a few pages by leaving impressive marks in this journal and my dance. 

***




***


I would like Katye to know that I found a clear connection between movement practice and writing during my FMP journey. It felt like writing was a main part of my research. It felt like it was as important as the water or the air.  Distortion. Notes and signs. It became a need or a continuation of something that would have not existed without writing.

***

Expressing what my skin and my pen want, wait and see, finding drops, letting go and slicing levels on the rest of my page, Jackson formula on your white book, douleur exquise, bonjour, Londooooooner ma mananca si iara. texting. 
03/03/2014 KC

No comments:

Post a Comment