Monday 5 May 2014

Eat the space




This is the jump exercise from AB technique classes and I found it particularly challenging.
We do have a list of targets ( point the feet, soft landing, flat hands-no ballet preparation and so on) which do feed my practice but there is something else around this phrase. One AB said Eat the Space and that stayed with me and will always stay with me. It's about the energy my body produces and its about sending myself out into the space in some particular directions. Just like multitasking. How can you spine lengthen out into the space above and and in the same time my feet finding a softness into the ground; how do my knees support this activity of going uprads in the space and downwards into the floor in the same time?And then how can my arms find a continuous journey with no meaning, no preparation, no suggestion. BMC classes come back to me with finding that yield into the floor and then reaching up into the space with my whole being. It's interesting how different class ideas support some others. Felling like I'm handing somewhere in the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment