Monday 5 May 2014

Feldenkrais

As I only started the Feldenkrais classes at at the end of December it did not make complete sense to me. So I started focusing on more readings in order to gain an understanding of the reason why we have this class as part of our module Movement Studies 3. After doing the session I was surprised how my understanding shifted and the outcome was a bit different than what I thought.

I gained:

  •  a sense of honesty in movement
  •  self-image and what background of understanding and meaning we bring to a simple movement
  • breaking habits down in order to observe the natural motion of our bodies
  • kinesiology/ human kinetics and thinking
  • relation to SRT
  • it's application to life as well as movement.
  • I appreciate the gift of having one hour per week when we apply a minimalistic approach to our practice because all the other movement studies sessions bring to life big, large movements , different speeds and meanings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment