Sunday 27 February 2011

IPP Presentation

We had to think about some ideas of a possible performance, and we had as well a discussion about it with our tutor, Katye.
The most representative work that we have done until now during IPP sessions is the portraits work. This helped me to look deep into myself and find different sides of me that I didn't know that exist!
After reading the hand-outs from IPP I start asking myself some questions. First I start researching who I was before this huge change came into my life....what this change bring in my life?
-place(country, home, room);
-language- expressing;
-food, water, juice, fluids;
-values, memories;
-lifestyle, friends, music;
- culture, books, DVDs; etc.....
What kind of influences happened before I start building up my personality, education and who I am?
Working with Fiona made me discover a new friendship; we even created our "hearts" inside our intimate universe and during the whole process we passed trough...
The movie "Avatar" is as well related to this work because I feel that now I'm living in parallel in this new world and sometimes I go back to where I come from. It's interesting to notice how changed is my point of view now and how I look at people that are an important part of my past...
This work made me reflect a lot about myself and even I start writing to myself...It is related to my Body Story also!
The discussion with Katye gave me some ideas: -memory of places where I come from (the beautiful landscapes of the village where my grandparents used to live and the house of my childhood, the animals around us, the forest, the fresh mountain-air, flowers, colors, interesting stories, sounds, alive nature, river, smells...)
Another idea is sending a series of letter to myself, to start looking to different artist that work with this idea and I'm planing to visit that amazing village in April.
The word "intervention"....-who made interventions in my life? and why? Sometimes some people, but sometimes it's just the "destiny"...things just happen!
I found a strong motivation and interest about cultural phenomena!
The idea- experience-expression...what is the source of my performance?
I need to find my boundary...how flexible can be my membrane? I'm afraid not to be broken at some point...maybe it's already broken...

No comments:

Post a Comment