Tuesday 8 March 2011

Photography Exhibition


Last Tuesday we visited the Warwick Art Center and we saw a very modern photography exhibition, called "Twenty-Nine Pictures", by the artist Hannah Starkey.
Here you can admire some of her pictures!
I noticed the shadows and reflections, lights and different sources o light(the moon, the lamp, the river, the sun);
-mixture of reality and fiction;
-human relationships;
-mirrors, windows, water... glasses, floor, closet, TV, desk( anything can make a reflection!)
Seeing this reflections made me ask myself how do I see myself as woman in society, at uni, at work, at home, or in clubs! But how do the others see you as woman, part of this world?
Some pictures made me think about the relationship: mother-daughter!
After a discussion with the artist, we found out that in this work she used her own language,she had different interest field into the time when she was in college. Her work is as well a "collection of documents that have a visual language. During this discussion I understood that the "creator" (photographer, choreographer, actor, writer) is not responsible for what the people take from their work, or the message that people understand.
One important theme of this exhibition is the WOMAN:
-individual;
-groups;
-different ages;
-ambiguity;
-possibility of narrative;
-how women are used by media;
-as woman, formulate your own language and apply it to the world;
-life cycle;
-what means being a woman;
-internal and external of an image;

This exhibition gave me ideas for my body story, I can even take some pictures ti myself in different situations, while working to this project, and talk about the dance reflections into myself!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment