Thursday 10 March 2011

Dance Exchange Workshop

Yesterday I took part form Polly's CI workshop in Birmingham...It was a very good session and I met very nice women!
We started this class by releasing our tensions: the back of the neck, tissues of the skull, shoulders, arms, fingers, making more space into the ribcage releasing the legs and bringing into our attention the breath...let the breath travel in all corners of our body and then start to move...soft and easy!
 I enjoyed the idea of different types of introducing yourself to someone...you can say "hello" or you can just touch someone! We started moving with our eyes closed, by allowing the other person to touch our moving parts of the body, to follow the movement, and then we changed roles. Then we played with the idea of giving weight...there are so many interesting ways of doing this...I feel so comfortable when I let someone to support my weight...
I found myself tensed at the beginning of the class and after I was relaxed and happy...
Reflections... I found myself following and repeating my partner's movement, just like in real life...when you live with someone, you take a part of his habits, when you dance with someone, you take a part of his energy and patterns...

No comments:

Post a Comment