Saturday 12 March 2011

Siobhan Davis Archive



During our library session we all had the chance to discover the amazing archive of Siobhan Davies Dance Company, which is full of videos, reflections, images, interpretations, and emotions.
I was happy to build my own scrapbook, where I can add images, videos and comments, but on the other hand it was difficult to choose some pieces of work, because they are all interesting and full of emotions and energy.
I find interesting to observe their pure and perfect technique and and the messages that they transmit to the audience. One of the most important things for me was to observe the way they work during different rehearsal, the scores they start from and as well the final piece, which is very different from all rehearsals. I enjoyed a lot all these unique and spontaneous performances and the dancer's graceful style, their power and involvement.
The music they used is very expressive and I am fascinated by the collaboration with different artists, which  make all performances so original.
This archive is a source of inspiration for my future work and Siobhan Davies Dance Company represents for me one of the most powerful forms of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment