Wednesday 23 February 2011

SAGE - What do I take from it?

Obviously, I can't sleep now, even if it's the midnight!!!I keep thinking about the presentation from IPP...
So what do I take from today session, when we read some fragments from "The SAGE Handbook of Performance Practice"? I put down just the first ideas that came into my mind when I read it, that can be considered as "interventions" into my work and process.

  • Performance is not about "good" or "bad"; observing a process;
  • Open up endless questions, even when I cook, or have a shower, or sleep...
  • The word "interventions"- who made interventions in my life?- sometimes people around me, sometimes just the "destiny" ... things just happen! with no reason or explanation!
  • Finding motivation and interest in cultural phenomena;
  • The idea: experience-expression => source of my performance, but my experience of changing as well...
  • Finding my boundary! How flexible can be my "membrane"? I'm afraid not to be broken at some point...maybe it's already broken?!
  • PERFORMATIVITY- the first thing that came in my mind: = making routine that offer me a basic practice, that can prepare me for performing...always being ready to experience new ideas and creating movement...being ready mentally and spiritually as well;
  • Interpretations of identity;
  • Questions:- start researching who I was before this changing came into my life!- what this change brings in my life?- what kind of influences happened when I started building up my personality, education and who I am! Portraits helped me to raise these questions about myself! => working with Fiona- new relationship.
  • Changing place(country, home), friends, language, food, values, meanings, symbols!
  • Relations to somatic studies , Body Story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment