Thursday 24 February 2011

Impro [27.01.2011] - Polly

Warm up- individually- 5 min.(stretching, running, relaxing, roll down)- relaxing music.
Bring the attention to the bones, one movement follows the next, and the next, and the next (bones of arms, shoulders, neck, shoulder blades)- bones fold and unfold...
Finding surprising ways to move perhaps, maybe those tissues around the bones soft somehow; moving from the structure-skeleton; follow where the movement tales you; duets between the bones of the skull and foot, or arms and legs, find new duets! become curious! allow to your attention to move to a new duet! the movement takes you somewhere in the space, on th floor or off the floor;

{ I'm sitting here, at the edges of the dance studio...observing the other dance students! Even if my whole body is in pain, I feel like dancing, like exploring some new movement, maybe some new duets! }

The feeling of stillness...they go to one side of the room, staying in their bones, skeleton, architecture.

  • sitting, rolling, stretching, alignment, simple movement---> crossing the floor by expressing the simplicity of the structure, moving by unexpected ways, just keeping it simple!
  • work in pairs---> crossing the floor( play with the architecture of the body and space between partners); being curious, how does it feel?
[Free writing: I AM.....Oana, bored, sick, happy, in love, ME, a dancer ands actress, I am in Coventry, I am a body, fluid, dangerous, free, beautiful, white, natural, 19, away, writing, skinny, sometimes alone, but also a big family...many families, I am celebrating myself everyday, I am a girl or a woman? I am following my body voice, originality, sensitivity! confused, scared...in the dance studio.]

I observed how energy changes during this session while receiving information and while practicing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment