Thursday 24 February 2011

Body Story Reflections

I'm just reading some hand-outs from Katye. It is about physical fitness and emotional side of every dancer! "Dancers are in fact, among the supreme round athletes in our society".

  • Body Composition;
  • Flexibility- a joint's ability to move freely;
  • Balance- yoga, pilates;
  • Endurance- the ability to use muscles for a long time of period without being tired;
  • Speed- running, jogging;
  • Power and strenght- cardiovascular fitness refers to the ability of heart, lungs and organs to consume, transport and utilize oxygen (jogging, cycling, swimming, aerobics).
The use of emotional well-being to move your life forward in positive directions!
The emotional balance helps us to discover and be aware of our heart's desires, taking positive actions and making changes in our life. Stress can be a source of damaging our boy and spirit and can generate illness. We can prevent this by sleeping and resting more, yoga practices, having a good and healthy diet, not smoking and not drinking alcohol. 
One of issues of emotional well-being can be the lack of self confidence. In this situation we need to talk to someone about this, because a shared problem is a half-solved one. We need to be open to all new good experience in life and all we need is trying to keep positive everyday.
This ideas are related to my body story, because sometimes I just can't let my home problems out of studio, and SRT classes helped me let them go and just living the momentum. 
An other important thing for my body story is the discussion with Joana abut my lack of self confidence when I have to do things that I never did, like theater games and improvisation. I think one of the sources of this lack is the fact that it takes a while to get use to this new language , people and environment! I think after that discussion I opened up myself and I can feel the difference now! 
What do you think about it?
So, thank you, Joana!
Other factors that are related to this topics:
  1. Self-control
  2. Social issues(friends, family, relationships, etc...)
  3. Life events
  4. Coping strategies
For example during reading week I was home and I needed to relax somehow and to move as well. So I decided to take a walk in Botanic Park of my home city with my big brother, Vlad and my little dog, Dolly.
I could feel the fresh air in all by body-heart, skin, lungs, nose- and I felt like all thought are living my head. I think that happened because it was such a pleasure to be there with my brother and dog, so we start expressing ourselves: jumping, running, laughing...so natural and so fun!!!





Sometimes animals can help you let go your problems and reduce stress levels.
I can say, from all of my heart that this little walk made an even stronger connection between my brother and I , and made me realize how important is he in my life! Even if in past we had "brother- fights", now I understand how much I appreciate him and I'm being aware of love that I feel for him!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Oana, I was reading your writings about your 'lack of self confidence' when you have to do things never that you did not do before.It is interesting to find out that you have 'lack of self confidence', because you seem so confident while you are moving, dancing AND even walking.UM...Is it possible for a person to seem so 'big' but yet small? I also have this fear sometimes of new, some days are more scary than others..but I just hope I'll SURVIVE :))))KD...I LOVE YOUR blog,YOU ARE BRILLIANT...

    ReplyDelete