Monday 19 March 2012

underscore by katye coe [ 19.03.2012 ]

Today we have been introduced to a new type of practice, the underscore that leads into the contact improvisation. We were encouraged to arrive physicly (stretch, warm up, do what my body needs to do) into the space as well as energeticly ( and this is an important moment as I have remembered the energy graphics that Polly was talking about---> patherns of energy that cross our body all the time when we are alive, maybe even energies that keep us alive. So I integrated the SRT principles into my regular movement studies and I feel proud that I am now able to apply all knowledge in any class and that all th practices starts to interconnect and inter-relate, as a whole experience rather that separate practices). After the arriving phases we did dome preambulation, we found out about the kinaesphere and raveling with it as well as pverlaping it with other people. It's all about a series of choises, like choosing from a palette of 'colors' :
  • touch
  • attraction
  • repulsion
  • releasing
  • sensing
  • intersection
  • copying
  • I found this session very playful and I even had strong moments when I just could not stop laughing and smiling, but I felt like flying and the energy was amazing. This engagement took us into contact and I think the best part of this course for me is the contact improvisation practice ( it gives me a massive range of ideas and potential).
I just celebrate the fact that I can connect all practices we do into all classes and this journey starts to make a lot of sens. Moreover it's not just making sense, it's falling in love again with myself, it's about rediscovering myself, but this time in a natural way and I do celebrate that!

No comments:

Post a Comment