Thursday 8 March 2012

IPP sketch

Stages

I have become extremely intrigued by the relationship between the materials around us and the human being. One of many of my fascinations and indeed the trigger of my work is the fact that the materials can embody an image or the quality we are seeking in our lives, attribute that I have discovered within the IPP material exploration worskshops during both first and second year.
'It is not just the material in itself, it is an opening into the process of life within and around it' ( Andy Goldsworth).

Due to my interest in interdisciplinary work the process includes daily explorations into my personal practice, including intersections of writing, the use of the material and objects which can lead into an installation and a play with different types of light source. This layers may or may not be included in the final outcome but my intention is for the richness of the process.

Another thread of my process is my interest in the relationship between audience and performer, idea explored by artists like: Angela Woodhouse, Franko B and many others. I intend to draw the audience's attention to an acute awareness of the place and the present moment, a feeling of uncertainty, participation, duality and wonder.

Even if a massive part of this process is artists research I noticed that I tend to structure my own experience, thoughts and scores rather than applying other artists' concepts and procedures fact that brings originality and integrity to my art work. This is why this performance is a very personal and intimate one as it is inspired by my own thoughts, desires, aspirations and curiosities at this stage of my life in a certain relation to the world and traditions.

Stages

Within this project I have embraced the idea of 'not knowing what is going to happen' by allowing the movement and the phases to arrive to me rathen than making them happen, fact that represents a challenge for me as an artist. Therefore Stages is not 'shaped and fixed', but it has specific pathways leading into different improvisation scores.
also represents a continuation of my first year IPP investigation, an ongoing process that can also lead into my Final Major Project the following year.

No comments:

Post a Comment