Monday 12 March 2012

Improvisation- Steph

Steph Class
ONLY SET PHRASES...we went through them very quickly and I feel like a lot of the details were lost, were simply not present. Sarah usually goes very fast through her phrases, but her explanations are very rich and valuable, fact that I didn't feel in Steph's class. She just threw movement to us without offering so much "brain work', but I need to admit that the energy was fantastique!!! At some point the movement was so fast and my arms and shoulders got so tensed and I could really feel that! In the next moment SRT principles came to my mind and I took a moment and a released all that unnecessary tension out of my arms and shoulders and the chance was amazing! I could dance faster and easier! I started to enjoy those quick movements and my body had more volume and I started to expand myself!

I also noticed that I don't enjoy doing set phrases anymore, I feel restricted and copying the one who is teaching. But I do enjoy improvising, I love when the movement comes from myself, it is natural and MINE!!! I fell free and alive what I do what I feel like doing! I feel this is a massive change for me and I think I am on the right track!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment