Monday 19 March 2012

SRT [2nd year-term 2]


Starting lying on the floor and doing a body scan by releasing all tensions in the body. It feel like a necessity
now, maybe because of my period pains, all belly muscles get tensed and I need to stop them shaking...or maybe because now Skinner represents a vital and regular practice for me as a dancer and human...now I arrive more quickly into it!
This picture represents my view over the 'pulse' exercise, dropping down the pelvis and then dropping ino sliding, plyaing with the rhythm seemed to be the most challenging task as it need a very strong sense of play combined with seriousness and focus. It developed into galoping but leading with the pelvis, so it is a new approach of doing the gallop and I find it interesting as I am looking at how can I integrate different styles of movement into the somatic practices.

1 comment:

  1. Also interesting patterns of energy across the body, figure of 8, upper body: skull, face, torso.
    Delicate tracing and soft touch, opening and sensations.

    ReplyDelete