Monday 19 March 2012

Pilatesss


I am having a lot of pilates classes this term as I understand now that it is a very important practice for any performer as well as human. We focus more on the body parts that don't move, but stay still while performing any exercise. I also feel very connected to the breathing as the teacher also explains how the breathing should work in relation to every exercise ans how the breath travells through the body, simmilar principles to SRT classes, when we are encouraged to visualise how the breath travells across the body, around the bertebrae,etc. Another aim of the pilates practice is to control the body by using the deeper muscles and always taking time to focus on the natural position of the spine and on the 'quiet' ribs, so bringing the body to its natural paths and curvatures. I also enjoyed visualising the idea of paralel lines going across the body from the shoulders to hips and knees and toes.
Every class I can feel how my balance is improving and that I feeling much more grounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment