Wednesday 4 January 2012

White Man Sleeps- by SD


I feel surprised and honored to read one of my teacher's articles about choreographic developments and the contemporary dance in Britain in a great book. She even gives some tasks at the end of ther chapter that I am definately intending to try.
After Siobhan's trip in America her attention droped on the "body in much smaller units- in terms of tiny joints, subtle placing of the weight and what the focus of the eye could do to the face"- fact that raised to my attention in ny first year of study.
Another interesting idea in this chapter was the piece "Make Make" (1992), where the dancers were set to find out how a phrase performed in the upper body could be performed with a phrase made for the lower body, which is an unusual place to be, and represents performing less simply co-ordinated material.
It might be useful to my FMP

"Make Make" piece by Siobhan Davies [videos]

No comments:

Post a Comment