Sunday 15 January 2012

Letter to my IPP2's [voice]

Dear IPP2,

First of all I want to say that I am very sorry I missed the last 20 mins of our last session and it won't happen again! As I didn't have the chance to share with you my thoughts about our explorations, I'm writing now a few lines:

Julia- I think that your exploration crossed over my expectactions and the power of your voice and the quality of your input feelings just amazed me. It was interesting to notice the connections between your voice/sounds and the movement and you remembered me of the voice as a part of the body, as a limb, by using it in relation to your moving body or your still body. I believe you are about to discover yourself, your essence and to let go all "self-judging"...

Fiona- A very misterious character who, in my opinion plays a theatre role by using the voice as well as the body. I also appreciate the naturaless and honesty that comes out of yourself and I noticed a very interesting composition of your exploration (using repetition and different volumes, tonalities, feelings, levels). I was actually thinking now of how you could link this type of work with exploring frames (maybe it won't work, but maybe you can find your own way to connect your ideas somehow)....Well done!
Joana- As usually a very powerful and funny artist who just captures me everytime she creates something. I could see how comfortable you are with using your voice in a creative way and I also noticed the "playfulness" of your work. This makes me think that for future you might be challenged to create something out of your "comfort zone", which I believe is "not a funny work", but I still think your voice can transmit a lot as well as your moving body.

I feel like the focus of this little group makes me a very inspired "creator" and our development process is so clear, I can see it through all of us!

My own exploration- I felt attracted by the sounds rather than saying our words, and the way that the sound travels through my body, bones, muscles, eyes and then gets out through my mouth and then maybe it goes to you (my little audience) ...my curiosity is actually what happnes with my sounds next? how do you perceive them? do they tell you something? do they make you feel something? or do you just ignore some of them? endless questions ...Travelling wth my sound, physically and emotionly, experimenting some sounds again, and again, and again, going back to them, or just letting them go... I think it's a continuous journey...

Thank you Amy for this session, I feel like so many doors open every session you deliver to us, and the Body Space Image hand-outs lead me towards making a little "something" , acutally frame a way of working, of exploring , developing some curiosities.
Thank youuu!!

P.S. I wish I knew your impressions about our explorations :( Sorry I've missed them:(

Much love,
Oana

No comments:

Post a Comment