Saturday 14 January 2012

SRT [2nd year-term 2]

[the use of the mist image travelling along your bones, tissues, skin...]
Readings....
"Releasing is discovered in the doing"
This little phrase makes me think of how I see SRT now, after I have already been through all this material once again, theoretical as well as practical. Now I feel like it's there, it's sort of set into my body and now it makes more sense. Even if I was used to "no pain no gain" I can admit that this type of work changes the phisicality and the mentality of my whole self. It even made me aware of another sense of the human being, the "kinesthetic sense", maybe at the end of the day, we are not who/what we think we are...as Kirstie Simson has said.
I just like this definition: (it makes sense for me anyway)
"SRT can be described as  a system of kinesthetic training which refines the perception and performance of movement through the use of imagery".

 Principles:
  • suppleness
  • suspension
  • economy of movement
  • autonomy
  • multi directional alignment
  • balance
  • disorientation
  • effortlessness
  • immersion
  • disori

No comments:

Post a Comment