Wednesday 25 January 2012

Crossing Borders

Ros Warby – Creating work from the practice of performance



   Making , not attaching to anything, eliminating any task...taste what I haven't taste before (I find this challenging)
  •  Her key for identifying her interest- in relation to sound (composer, designer) is self observation in relation to different moments that just happen and again not attaching to any set idea. The composer and the designer just do what they do and at some point the dialogue becomes common. The music fixes the piece and the dance goes flexible around the design and sound, so teh dance represents the most flexible element of her performances.
  •  She thinks that the question is not about the relation between dance and sound (I don't agree with this afirmation at the moment, as I respond naturally to music, I think this is a challenge for me).
  • Trying to find tricks to sustain those moments of attention, a person who thinks through ideas, phrases, communicate verbaly what you are making, being able to say it out., it is tricky because you need not to limit your ideas in order to giving it a certain shape.
  •  Dealing with inside and outside as a choreographer.
  •   How do I start into a studio without having any idea? This is a question to myself as I enjoyed all workshops we have done, it's not about picking up a certain path?
  •  It's about trusting the intelectual management?
  •   Allow the ideas to come from the body...imaginitive capacity...give yourself the possibility of happening by trusting yourself.
  •   Her performances are not shaped, but they have pathways...the voice is part of the body, so it is not fixed
  •   Including the audience in her visual field
  • I am lucky to study in this university, to have these teachers, I learn from them, I get experience, this frames me, prepares me for being a performer/dancer...I do celebrate that!
  •  The idea of performance as a practice, and learning from it! You don't need rehearsals or warm-up, you just experience. I feel a bit scared of it as I never thought of a performance like that, without ideas or rehearsals, but I think it will be challenging for me to try, but then I would feel like "it" is not developed, there wouldn't be extended and clear enough...
  •  Being a solo artists ( exactly what we have to do for the IPP2) underlines the possibilites

No comments:

Post a Comment