Monday 9 January 2012

The Art of Listening [Moved...by Decoda]

WOOOOOOW!!! simply amazing!
know I understand what we are talking about!
At the beginning I felt very stiff and tensed because I was working with my own teachers ( what a great opportunity) but at the beginning of the day my aim was to be free...
I think this workshop can't be described in words... it simply happened, it changed me!
Thoughts
  • simple
  • natural
  • follow the instinct, the interest (rather than making it happen)
  • listening to the body intelligence
  • the GOOD NEWS is that we are NOT what we think we are... it is a lot more there...
  • To blieve is what matters...
7 hours/day of moving with Kirstie and that amazing group didn't feel like 7 hours . Why? ... maybe because it was just about listening and reacting, following rather than thinking about moving or trying to show my skills...
How important is to LISTEN...in dance and in life, that's what I realised these 2 days.
Kirstie amazed me with her generosity and modesty, but in the same time with her power and energy, she was fantastique!!!
I have also learned some "hands on" exercises that really worked on my body and made a simple but useful introduction to the workshop and leaded directly into it, rather than changing the mood.
It was also a good reminder to move through breath...to listen to the breath, to feel my partner's breath into my hands and body.
She kept saying that is not about what we achieve, what we demonstrate we can do with our bodies...but it's about going really deep and finding the essence of myself, that is a spource that never dries...it's always there!

No comments:

Post a Comment