Wednesday 23 November 2011

Working with projections

My Reflections
A session with Amy Voris and Christian Kipp
Student: Oana Rotariu


  • Working with projections represents a new type of work, that I have enjoyed to work with and it opens a new variety of possible performances for my final work.
  • During the session I felt that working with the main light off turned me into a more active body (rather than making me feel sleepy), maybe because I was very excited about the session.
  • While moving I was looking at relations between the projections and the body moving or being still, and I have played with near and far. I also noticed my interest to my shadows, I even started to "haunt it" or to "hide it" (if that makes sense).
  • I also found an interesting play with the idea of me allowing the wall/body to capute the images, sometimes I was generous, but sometimes I just needed to take within my body the whole image and to see what happens with me as a "new entity".
  • The fact that we were 2 bodies moving brang to my head the idea of a trio and be aware what relation is there and how we interract.
  • I also found interesting the large range of materials and colours of our clothes coming in contact with the projection and the idea of "chameleon" came up to my head. By witnessing my colleagues I noticed a very strong embodiment of the image into the their bodies and it was relevant for me how this fact changed/affect their movement.
  • By playing with my shadows I felt a frustration because this is when I came in contact for almost 1 hour with my shadow (a 2nd Oana) and I didn't feel comfortable having it all the time there, next to me, following me, it felt like someone was copying me, even killing my individuality. But reflecting about that I started to accept the idea of my shadow as a "part of my body", just like my limbs, voice, etc...
  • This session was a special one for me as I have been introduced to a new discipline and it raised my interest to explore the relations between projection and body.

While researching I found this amazing picture!!!

1 comment:

  1. Its really interesting to read about how you felt and reflected on the Christian Kipp workshop. We have similarities and differences on our ideas and thoughts behind it.

    ReplyDelete