Monday 28 November 2011

Ipp2 Reflections

One day after the IPP class I found myself in the studio with some candles finding resource, observing. A lot of questions came up to my mind, but when I see fire I think about spirituality.The ancient people(romans) who lived in massive castles used the fire as tool of protection, people who lived in a cage used it to warm up themselves or the "room" but in the studio I used the light to illuminate what I was writing(thoughts, information, observations). This will I'll be looking at different artists that work with fire, spirits and rituals.The word "installation" keeps screaming into my head, so I might develop a little a little one ( it represents a challenege because it is outside my "comfort zone"--->it is not movement, it is visual art)


When a candle is, a dead body is, when a dead body is, a soul/spirit is...when the light is not anymore, the spirit is here and that is ME!!!
  • RITUAL
  • EMBODYMENT
  • INITIATION


Now I go back to a first year post about the fire and I just love when things simply connect.

1 comment:

  1. I really became involved in your sensory awareness within your exploration. It was inspiring to watch you blindfold yourself and feel the warmth of the candle. Seeing you trail the scarf in a circular shape reminded me of a map, travelling and being taken on a journey. This gave the impression that this exploration was very personal and emotional for you. This was emphasised when you used your voice to muffle and change the mood. Thank you for inviting us to share your moving exploration.

    ReplyDelete