Friday 25 November 2011

Ipp reflections

Fiona- Even if we both chose a scarf and a source of light, our experiences were so different. The first thing that came up to my mind was the interesting way that you have embodied the scarf. You also found very intelligent images to work with and your amazing focus just captured me into your movement. I am glad that my light source helped you and I think as well it offered you a larger variety of ways to explore the duet: movement-light, actually the trio: movement-light-scarf, actually (sorry for that) the quartet: movement-light-scarf-me. (if that makes sense). Your exploration was very inspiring to watch and wellllll done:)
 
Julia- What a special light source!!! in your movement I could see the fact that there were a lot of memories and feelings for you within the Christmas lights. Very strong images came to me watching you decorating yourself with those lights, maybe even making them a part of your body, you can even develop your work by using more lights and making more connections between the lights-your body-audience. I loved the way you have created the space and turning them on and off was the surprise ellement of you work. Working with the wall is also an intelligent choice as you had the chance to explore shadows. I also enjoyed your dinamics when you turned them in the air, it was the explosion moment. Really nice and natural "performance". Welllll done:)
 
Joana- You really showed me you din not like your scarf, you body just refuses to come in contact with it. I enjoyed the way you played with the idea of scarf as transport tool, you are always creative and funny. At the beginning you were far away from your objects, but at the end of your little piece you actually were in contact with them, so in life it always takes a little while to get used to be in contact with materials (even people, attitudes?) that you don't agree or like, but the close exploration of it makes you become larger as an artist as well as a human. Very nice exploration Jo! wellllll done:)
 
My own experience- I was very attracted by the little candle and by working through my senses. Today (Friday) I went back into the studio and explore this play and a lot of ideas came into my head, so this is surely the idea that I want to keep exploring and see what comes up from it. I also felt a curious relation to my audience (maybe becase we are all so close). Here you find my score for my exploration:
                   Fall up and down through the breath
                   Find moments of stillness on the floor or in the air
                   Breath...
                   Use the voice and the material
                   Turn off one of your senses and find the fire...
                   Allow the warmth and the light to caress your skin...
                   Breath and enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment