Friday 28 January 2011

Site Specific

Each place in this world had its own story and it is related to someone's life! Places can have special significance: a home, the place where you study, the place where you were born, the garden where you used to walk... Place have also specific qualities: smell, colors, sensations, sounds! Every time you enter a place you can start a story! This is how we start exploring a new place in Ellen Terry building: find your own place, spend 20 minutes by observing it (sounds, colors, shapes), and then go to your journal and draw your observations.




Starting by scores like : dark, stillness, sound, silence, action, light, distance, try to create movement that express how it feels being into that space!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9MQyJ_mZLo

I found myself in the middle of four white walls, and my first feeling was the loneliness ( I was used to work in couples and this was the first time when we had to be alone). I was looking for ways to communicate with the outside: blowing through the doors, watching on the windows, making different noises, and also using one door as an imaginary partner! I found also the center of the little room in relation with the center of my body and I felt unusual being up side down! And I think this experience can be developed even further!






No comments:

Post a Comment