Thursday 27 January 2011

The White Ritual

Out daily lives mean coming in contact with different materials, some of them hurt us, others are soft, of fluid. How can we use those materials in a total different way? What can it be? Is it possible to tell a story or express ourselves by using our body movement and a piece of material?

Impressions

I was impressed by Florence's demonstration so I was really excited to find out how it feels to be inside of a huge sheet of paper! What a challenge!
My first sensation was the fear...I was suffocated, I couldn't breath anymore, so I needed to break the paper and to reconnect with the "outside world". Actually it's not just paper, what is inside of it represents an individual universe. It is an intimate space with a specific smell. I wasn't able to see anything around and I couldn't hear outside noises because of the strong noise inside of it! Where were all senses? They couldn't help me anymore...After a while I felt the paper like a second skin, a warm skin, that gave me a different shape. I wasn't me anymore! A transformation happened! I start improvising interesting movement with my new "skin" and I also create extravagant costumes for myself, just by using the paper. This is how a funny "paper fight" started! Afterwards we create our "heart" , the main organ that keeps us alive! 
What an exhausting, but beautiful journey!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment