Saturday 25 January 2014

Thought


During the technique class on Tuesday, I got a very powerful feedback from John.
He encouraged me to believe in my movement and really 'go for it'. It was exactly what I needed that morning I guess just because I am going through a very stressful period of my life.
I tend to loose my confidence and my self esteem is very low at the moment. I am not happy with myself in every area of my life. I judge myself, I want more from myself, I insult myself, I bring myself down.
Another thing that I appreciate about Andrea's class is the somatic approach to teaching a set phrase. Finding head-to-tail connections, finding navel radiation and therefore applying BMC principles to a technique class allows me to experience a full range of movement, connect my body with my thinking, find more internal space, find support from my organs and body systems, use breathing.
Open up a continuous journey in my imagination while executing a set material, finding new curiosities within.
It is a captivating approach.

Add caption

                  Turn my back
                           simply ignore what is there to be witnessed
                 choose not to acknowledge
                            let go
                 a lot of holding within this letting go still
                 look down 
                          find a pathway
                   so then I look back 
                          and see the hight-
               it's my pattern.
              Close my eyes for a second 
                    and just feel the breeze of the Danube on my face
                           intake
                breath out...
            On my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment