Saturday 25 January 2014

Body Mind Centering [17th Jan]

Book recommendation: Amazing bodies moving by Beverly Stokes

During this class I got into thinking where yeld, push and reach offer me support in my free movement

What do I want to achieve this term?

  • find a way of grounding myself more
  • learning how to listen deeply to what is available and present to me
  • better balance between different layers of practice - philosophical thinking - anatomy- questioning 

From this class I took away a particular type of being engaged to the world around me. How can my organs and tissues support my body?

1 comment:

  1. So I believe one objective is reached. After working with Kirstie Simson at ID London I achieved a different sense of being grounded. Earth. Ground. Grounded. Releasing into the earth, breathing into the ground... From just being fed by her own approach to a grounded mover to experiencing my own understanding of being grounded. Crossing over to SRT workshop by Polly Hudson which happened quite recent I have noticed the following: during the legs exploration I gained a pushing from the ground and moving loooong across the floor , quick change of speed and levels. My legs flying and dispersing from the earth through the space. Multi dimension.. Short moment of suspension and floating my left knee upwards towards my skull. Pure

    ReplyDelete