Saturday 25 February 2012

phrasing class- sarah wately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUQ6_C9CPg&feature=BFa&list=UU8aaCcpIDdScTef7x1wjWTg&lf=plcp

This is another phrase that I enjoy dancing not because of the beauty of the movement but because of the way it travels through my body and because of the connections that I am aware of while moving.

  • skull floating upwards into the ceiling
  • lenghten into the spine
  • balance
  • skull leading
  • spaces and air between the bones and vertebrae
  • suspending
As feedback from sarah : wider lounge-having the sense of a grounded dancer and before going up side down feel the spine straight, having the sense of suspendfin the skull in the air.
Very useful feedback as it helps me to dance through images, to visualise myself in motion and wakakes my body awareness in relation to the space around. Also this phrase was designed for a line.

I also thins that all this principles are actuallu related to the SRT classes, as they encourrage the suppleness, the economy of the movenet, the multi directional alignement. I do believe that they are somewhere in my mind when I perform these set phrases and they do have a stong impact over my dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment