Saturday 30 November 2013

Being the dance / Doing the dance

There was a real questioning about being or doing or making the dance. Questioning a dancer's choices, or my choices while 'making a dance'.

Being the dance is more about allowing yourself to listen and respond naturally to your partner's movement, becoming his/her dance without making it happen.

Doing a dance involves decision making and playfulness with a various palette of choices and directions.
I felt responsible for her choices, for where she goes next, for her energy level, frame,  for dimension, for the space within our making.

[brain is a part of my body- thinking----> body-mind unity]

The notion of breathing was present throughout my making. As well as working through my senses. Listen. Accept. Respond. Honesty. React. Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment